Fields let you customize the sysetem to your needs by adding extra columns to your list of files.
Add a new field
In your files screen, choose Columns -> Add new
Set up your new field:
- Name — give the field an informative name.
- Type — text, number, date, or define a list of options.
- Visible to uploaders — choose wether to show this fields to your customers, or hide it from them.
- Editable by uploaders — choose if you want your customers to be able to modify it, or make it read-only.
- On/off switch — you can turn this field on/off whenever you like.
Types of fields
Text — add your comments or notes to the files.
Number — for currency, quantities, and/or positive or negative numeric figures.
Date — the date of processing, the transaction date, or any other calendar date. The date can be typed, or picked from a calendar:
Selection — a status, category, or any predefined list of options.
You can choose a name and color for each option. You’ll always be able to add more options later.
Filtering files by a field
Once you’ve added your field, you’ll automatically be able to filter your files by it.
Use field filtering to:
- Find files that need processing
- Search for files by specific criteria
- Count files that meet certain conditions
Edit an existing field
Click on Columns to edit or reorder your fields at any time.
You can change the field as you’d like:
- Rename your field
- Change the field’s type
- Add or change value options and colors
- Make it visible or invisible to customers
- Let customers edit, or disable customer editing
- Temporarily turn on/off
- If you need to, you can even delete the field forever.
Save time dealing with client documents
ImportFeed is a powerful document management and customer communications tool that can help your business get more done faster.
Try ImportFeed for free to reduce email communication and take control over your incoming documents.